Due February 19 at 11:59 PM
Creating a Database using Microsoft Excel
Create a new Microsoft Excel database in which you will be able to enter the following variables:
- Subject identification (ID) number
- Year in college
Name each variable in the datafile. All data to be manipulated (everything except the participant ID number) must be entered as numeric values.
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
Create data for forty hypothetical students who are undergraduates in college, making sure you have five males and five females in each year (freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior):
- Subject ID number (You will be required to provide this yourself. For example, subject 1 is P1; subject 2 is P2, and so forth. This should be entered as alphanumeric in your database since it is not a variable we will use in any of our data analyses).
- Age: Be sure to get variability in your data. Not all students in any given year are of the same age. Be realistic with your data.
- Sex: Assign a number for each of Male and Female and provide clarification as to what each number refers to as demonstrated in your lectures.
- Height (convert to inches; 5 feet 3 inches = [12 * 5] + 3 = 63). Enter the number 63, not the formula.
- Year in college (freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior). Assign a number for each year and provide clarification as to what each number refers to as demonstrated in your lectures.
Enter the complete dataset into the Microsoft Excel worksheet. Save the workbook on your hard drive.
- Name your worksheet SU_PSY2008_W1_A_Council_A
- Submit your worksheet to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned
Incorporate feedback provided by the instructor when the worksheet is returned and save the completed project. You will be using the completed project in subsequent weeks.