|Study: Explore Presentations: Finding Visual|
This study sheet will help you to write a rough draft of the project assignment that you will revise later on. Answer the following questions as you work through your study to build a strong and successful project.
Create a presentation using text and images to illustrate and explain the metaphors of one of the poems you studied.
1. Which poem will you focus on in your presentation?
2. Think about the poem and then begin brainstorming about how it made you feel and what images it made you think of. Next, name three examples of similes or metaphors used in the poem. Then list three images you could use to illustrate each of those similes or metaphors.
3. What do you think is the theme or central idea of this poem? If you had to describe the poem in one sentence to a friend, how would you finish the sentence “I just read a poem about _____.”?
4. Now it’s time to start finding the images that will serve as the core of your presentation and the evidence of how you are interpreting and experiencing the poem.
5. What format do you think will work for your presentation? Do you plan to make a poster or use a flip chart? Or will you go digital and create a presentation in PowerPoint, Keynote, Prezi, or another program? Or do you have another idea you want to explore?
6. You need to talk to an audience about this poem. What are the main points you want to convey? For each image, write a short explanation that tells the audience why you chose it. Then, describe what you want your audience to think about the poem after you’re finished with your presentation.
7. Make an outline that will guide your presentation. As you make your outline, consider these questions: What main ideas do you want to convey about the poem you’ve chosen? Will your presentation echo the flow of the poem? Or will you make your points in a different order than the poet originally did?
8. Describe how you will lead your audience members into your presentation. Will you use an attention-grabbing statement or a compelling image? What message or image will you leave them with at the end of your presentation?
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.