The S45 of SITA is to withhold tax to payments made to non residents of Singapore.
To what extent is this provision effective in Singapore context?
Prepare a report on the workings of withholding tax. Your write up should focus on the following:
1) The operations of S45 of SITA, its rationale for implementation and other relevant sections pursuant to withholding tax;
2) The tax treatments of any three payments (that are subject to S45) such as interest, royalties etc.
3) The consequences of defaulting withholding tax payments;
4) Exemptions (if any);
5) Delta Enterprise is a restaurant which is operating in Singapore and has an Austria chef working for it. The chef is a non-resident for tax purposes and there are royalty fees attributable to his services rendered in Singapore which was paid on 12 April 2019. Advise the tax consequences of the above with relevant case laws.
6) Proper referencing is essential. Otherwise marks will be penalised.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.