Write a 5-7 page essay in which you make a researched argument on the topic of “The NCAA and Student Athletes.” Select one of the topics listed below or you may develop your own.
The NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, and most every other professional sports league uses the NCAA as a talent incubator. Professional athletics uses the NCAA as a sort of un-paid “farm team”. The NCAA and universities build the skills of the professional athletes of tomorrow and this costs the professional leagues nothing.
1. Do you think the NCAA is exploiting student-athletes? What is the role of the NCAA with student athletes and colleges/universities? Are the NCAA rules of eligibility and opportunity to play racially discriminatory?
2. College athletes are often considered to be some of the luckiest young students in the world. Most of the time they’re riding on full-fledged scholarships that cover all the costs of school; plus, they are in a prime position to make a reputation for themselves in the sporting world and prepare for the big leagues. However, there are a lot of problems with how college athletes are treated. Should college athletes be paid? If so, how should that be done?
3. Should college sports betting be banned? Why or why not? Are sports today more or less corrupt than in the past? Why or why not?
Your essay must clearly convey the urgency of the issue. In addition, as with all argument essays, you need to clearly communicate what is at stake (in other words, “So what?”) so the reader will care about what you have written.
· include quotes and paraphrases (within the text) from at least three (3) academic research appropriate sources; you will definitely need to research your topic for support.
· clear thesis, clear description of the problem, effective argument, and a convincing explanation of what’s at stake
· between (5-7 pages); use at least three (3) in-text citations; use at least 3-5 sources for your “References” page.
· effective introduction and conclusion paragraphs
· title that accurately describes your essay
· a clear organization – grouping of ideas and order of ideas
· free of major grammatical and spelling errors
· APA documentation (for all in-text citations and the References page); essays submitted without a “References” page will be given an automatic F.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.