Your task in this assignment is to analyse client requirements, design solutions, implement, configure, and troubleshoot implemented solutions, and finally to prepare a system documentation report meeting the client requirements and following a standard industry template. Detailed requirements are provided below:
- Based on the scenario given below, (i) analyse client requirements, (ii) identify and propose the required servers and server roles (services), and (iii) provide required configurations for the scenario.
- Perform the configurations using either virtually or physically installed server OS to realise the scenario. Students can use Windows Server 2012 or a higher version, or Linux server if appropriate. Your submission should include screenshots of each important step.
- Prepare a detailed system documentation report.This report will serve as an important part of backup and disaster recovery documentation. As such, you must consider human usability factors and include the configurations using description of each important step, and screenshots corresponding to those in a way that will be useful to the target users of the document. Essential sections of the documentation are provided in the marking guide, however, you can include additional sections if deemed useful. You should explain how documentation of network changes should be handled and how documentation can aid the troubleshooting process by keeping a record of common issues.
You are the system administrator for a local council in your area, called Wyong, that is moving into a new building. The local council has 100 full-time employees, as well as up to another 50 that either work part-time or perform short-term contract work. Each full-time employee will have a dedicated workstation; most also have a laptop. The part-time/contract staff have their own or company-supplied laptops. There will also be several spare workstations. They have four departments: IT, HR, customer service, and Finance. All objects (e.g., users, computers, etc.) belonging to these departments need to be created within their respective OU for their own department. The client requires the following LAN services:
Workstations, Laptops and Servers
The local council has grown quite quickly. Initially when there were just a few friends, they used all online services (e.g. Google Docs, GitHub, DropBox). But now as they move into the new building, they have decided to use their own infrastructure. Most of the employees work in a distributed mode, working on their own computers and sharing resources direct with colleagues, however there are several centralised services required. Specifically, they have identified the need for the following. Included are the selected names.
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
- Backup server, called BackWyong, to store a backup of the web, and other servers on the network.
- DHCP server, called DHCPWyong, to provide dynamic IP addresses to workstations and laptops, and fixed IP addresses to other servers (based on MAC addresses). Only necessary full-time staff have access.
- Centralised user authentication
- All computers should acquire the IP addresses automatically from a server
- Hosting of their own website using their own server
- The company wants to store all the files on a separate file server and only users with appropriate access will be able to access them (not every user should have access to the files). You can assume which users/groups will have access to these files, and state your assumption clearly.
- Table of servers, with MAC addresses, allocated IP addresses, client IP address ranges.
- Installation and configuration details of all the servers.
- Explain why you designed the backup in the way you did, for example, explain your recommended frequencies of backup.
- Details of a password policy and its implementation. The policy should be appropriate to the organisation, and detail exactly how it is implemented in the system.