Laudon, K. C. & Traver, C. G. (2013). E-commerce Essentials, 1st Edition. Pearson. ISBN-13: 9780133544985. (CHAPTER
– Subject: Introduction to eBusiness
– Recommended textbook for the assignment: Laudon, K. C. & Traver, C. G. (2013). E-commerce Essentials, 1st Edition. Pearson. ISBN-13: 9780133544985. (CHAPTER 10 & 11)
– Read and answer the questions in APA style:
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
1. Consider how the shift from traditional networking, communicating, auctioning, and collaborating to the new and emerging online equivalents or successors. Pick two that are most interesting to you. Compare and contrast how new technology has changed them, the factors driving the change, and the extent to which these changes are likely to continue or pendulum back to a more middle position, and why. Use concrete examples to support your position.
2. Check out the trend of Yahoo!’s stock over the past three years. What were the major changes in the direction of the firm that you believe were responsible for this growth over this period? Provide concrete examples. Are those decisions still relevant today? If so, why? If not, why not?
3. Pick a company you admire that produces tangible products, assess its supply chain, and explain whether you believe it is a leader or a follower in the use of B2B technologies. How well is it doing? What evidence do you have to support your conclusions?
4. Auctions have been traditionally used with cattle and many other commodities, and now we consumers are seeing more and more evidence of the use of auctions aimed at consumers. Do you believe this trend is likely to continue, or are these auction sites actually a form of a scam? If they are likely to continue to grow, what are the key factors you believe must be addressed for the growth to occur. If they are a scam, what is there about what is happening that makes you feel that way, and why can’t it be removed as a barrier to success? Use solid evidence to support your position where possible.
5. On December 18, 2013, Apple starting taking orders for a new generation of Macintosh computers, the new Mac Pro. This new cylinder shaped unit (some liken to R2D2 from Star Wars) is being built in Texas with components made domestically. What factors do you believe led Apple to make this move for that product? Do you believe Apple may choose to manufacture future iPhones in the United States? Explain.