Grade 9 – Machines Project
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
Students are expected to create a DRAWING of a unique COMPLEX MACHINE.
1) Your machine must be something useful, like how to turn off the alarm clock, or something wacky, such as how to swat a fly. BE CREATIVE!
2) Project MUST include:
· The function of the machine (What can your machine do? / How does the machine function?).
· The simple machines that make up the complex machine (see points for creativity).
· Labels (using Drawing guidelines*) of the different components of the machine.
· Drawings must be LARGE (fit ¾ or more of the page) and NEAT, NO PRINTING is allowed.
LIST OF SIMPLE MACHINES
Lever Wheel and axle Pulley Inclined plane Wedge Screw Gears
* Drawing Guidelines
· Use a hard sharp pencil. Do not use crayons, markers or coloured pencils.
· Diagram should be large and clear (take up 70% of the page) and done on plain paper.
· Drawings should never be shaded. In the place of shading the following is accepted:-
· All drawings / diagrams should have a FULL UNDERLINED TITLE written in CAPITAL LETTERS, beneath the drawing.
· Labels should be on one side only & written in pencil.
· Label lines should be drawn with a ruler horizontally and never cross each other. Arrowheads should not be used at the end of label lines.
Project Rubric: /20
|CATEGORY||Exemplary 4 pts||Mastery 3 pts||Competent 2 pts||Needs Improvement 1 pt||Total|
|Design and Development||The drawing is of good quality, original, captures interest and correctly identifies 4 or more simple machines.||The drawing is of good quality, not original, captures interest and correctly identifies 3 simple machines.||The drawing of good quality, not original, captures some interest and correctly identifies 2 simple machines.||The drawing is not of good quality, not original, captures little interest and correctly identifies 1 simple machine.|
|Drawing||The drawing is large, well organized, clear, fits ¾ or more of the page and parts are easily identified.||The drawing is medium and clear, somewhat organized, fits ½ of the page and parts are easily identified.||The drawing is medium and untidy, fits ½ of the page and parts are difficult to identify.||The drawing is small and untidy, fits less than ½ of the page and parts are very difficult to identify. Drawing is incomplete.|
|Utilization of Drawing Rules||All of the drawing rules were correctly utilized. Function is clearly stated.||Most of the drawing rules were correctly utilized. Function is partially stated.||Some of the drawing rules were utilized and were incorrect. Function is perplexed.||Limited drawing rules were utilized. Function is vague.|
|Completion and Punctuality||Project was submitted on time and fully completed.||Project was not submitted on time but fully completed.||Project was submitted on time but incomplete.||Project was not submitted on time and incomplete.|
|Effectiveness (would it work?)||The complex machine is realistic (would work) & feasible.||The complex machine is somewhat realistic but not feasible.||The complex machine is not realistic and will be too difficult to work.||The complex machine is not realistic and will not work.|