For this assignment, you will put together a presentation of 12 slides minimum. You may use a presentation program of your choice such as PowerPoint
Your Presentation must do the following:
1. Include a title slide, with your title, your name, class, and a visual that represents your topic choice. [1 slide]
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
2. Select a social problem of your choice, explain why it is a problem, and define the scope of this social problem (is it local, national, international, etc) [1 slide]
3. Explore the history of your social problem. Think about it has changed over time and what major milestones have impacted the problem. For example, if you are exploring racism, you will want to note major Civil Rights legislation, etc. [at least 2 slides]
3. Next, analyze two major ways that the social problem chose currently impacts different groups of individuals. For example, if you are looking at drug use, you might analyze the impact of drug use on families and workplaces. It would be a great idea to include a chart of statistics here to support your points. [at least 2 slides]
4. Define four concepts from our readings/materials that relate to your chosen social problem and analyze how these concepts help us better understand the social problem you are discussing. Some examples of concepts are ideas such as stratification, ethnicity, racism, sexism, and others as mentioned in our readings and materials (NOTE: these are just examples of concepts – they may NOT apply to your topic – you need to select concepts that apply to your own topic). [at least 4 slides]
5. Define one sociological theory from our readings/materials that relate to your chosen social problem and analyze how this theory helps us better understand the social problem you are discussing. Sociological theories include functionalism, conflict theory, feminist theory, symbolic interactionism, and others as mentioned in our readings and materials. [at least 1 slide]
6. Include full references in APA formatting. [at least 1 slide]. Reference should be no more than five years old.
Do not use unverifiable, secondary sites such as Wikipedia, about.com, ask.com, and similar. Use our course materials, peer-reviewed journal articles from the library, and other scholarly sources. Magazines are not considered scholarly sources. Most of the information presented should be in your own words/voice.
Your presentation should utilize sound critical thought and it should include appropriate APA in-text citations and full APA references at the end.