Module 1 – SLP INTRODUCTION TO FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AND FINANCIAL MARKETS Virtual Stock Exchange Project You will be participating in a virtual stock exchange! You will be buying and selling stock ove
Module 1 – SLP
INTRODUCTION TO FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AND FINANCIAL MARKETS
Virtual Stock Exchange Project
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
You will be participating in a virtual stock exchange! You will be buying and selling stock over the next 4 modules and analyzing the fluctuation in the value of your stock portfolio.
You will want to register for the game during the first few days of this course. To register your account, go to:http://www.marketwatch.com/game/YOURGAME**Your instructor will provide you with the name of YOURGAME for this term.
Game Password: PASSWORD**Your instructor will provide you with the password for this term.
Registration is free.
· You will be “given” $500,000 in fictional funds.
· Each position you take in an asset must be a minimum of 5% of your assets and a maximum of 10% of your assets.
· Cash must not exceed 20% of your portfolio at any time. We want you invested, not sitting on the sidelines.
Resources that you may find to be particularly valuable for your research include:
· MarketWatch: http://www.marketwatch.com/
· Wall Street Journal: www.wsj.com
· Yahoo Finance: finance.yahoo.com
· Daily Treasury Yield Curve Rates: http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/data-chart-center/interest-rates/Pages/TextView.aspx?data=yield
· Bloomberg: www.bloomberg.com
Module 1 SLP Assignment
· Make 3 stock purchases and provide information about the companies.
Please download the Module 1 SLP template. You will type your answer into this Excel workbook. When finished with the SLP assignment, please save the document with your last name and submit to the dropbox.
1. Purchase 1 through 3: Complete 3 stock purchases of your choice. Buy at least $10,000 worth of each stock. At least one of these stocks must pay a dividend. You are free to make additional purchases. Do not sell your required stock purchases yet.Don’t worry, you don’t have to use any fancy methods to pick these stocks. The only restrictions are they need to be publicly traded companies with data available on webpages such as Investing.com or Morningstar.com or any of the other webpages mentioned in the directions. Your choice of companies can be made based on a variety of factors. For example, you may want to invest in a company simply because you like its products and personally use them. You can also apply some of the criteria from the background readings such as the P/E ratio, or you can search the internet and see what different analysts are saying about this company.
2. You will need to include the following information for each stock in this workbook:Company NameTicker SymbolShort Description of CompanyReason for BuyingCurrent PricePrevious Close Price52-week High52-week LowBetaMarket CapP/E RatioPays a Dividend? (Yes or No)
SLP Assignment Expectations
Answer the assignment questions directly.
o Stay focused on the precise assignment questions. Do not go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background materials.
o For computational problems, make sure to show your work and explain your steps.
o For short answer/short essay questions, make sure to reference your sources of information with both a bibliography and in-text citations. See the Student Guide to Writing a High-Quality Academic Paper, including pages 11-14 on in-text citations. Another resource is the “Writing Style Guide,” which is found under “My Resources” in the TLC Portal.