CMST 432 Media Systems and Communication Technology
Recommended Text and Materials
Hanson, R. E. (2018) Mass communication: Living in a media world (7th ed.). SAGE.
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
Recommended Resources for Additional Exploration
The Mass Communication student companion website: http://edge.sagepub.com/hanson7e (Links to an external site.)
This site is a particularly good resource for review of course materials.
Chapter 9 Television: Broadcast and Beyond
1. Discussion post: Content and Class Representation.
· Visit the entertainment website for your favorite TV network, or one that you watch a lot, such as http://abc.go.com/ , http://www.bravotv.com/ , and http://www.cwtv.com/ .
· Browse around the different shows that are on that network and take note of the types of people and lifestyles which seem to be represented most often.
· What social class is most often represented in different shows?
· What professions do characters have?
· How do your observations match up with what you read in Chapter 9?
· Why does the entertainment media industry so often portray affluent lifestyles rather than poor or working-class experiences?
· Think in terms of ideology and in terms of the economic pressures of the media business.
2. Nielsen Ratings – Chapter 9
Compete the ratings academy and write a paragraph on what you learned? Discuss what areas fascinated you the most. http://ratingsacademy.nielsen.com/