- Demonstrate the following knowledge and understanding
- Recognize, understand and discuss the role and impact of key business and management functional areas, strategy and organizational structures and how they integrate together to achieve key organizational goals.
- Demonstrate the following skills and abilities
- Work with others, develop your personal and professional skills and demonstrate your ability of self-management and learning and be able to use these skills for analysing particular environments, and/or unique situations in which businesses are active.
What am I required to do in this assignment?
Assessment 1 is a written individual report of 2,000 words (+/- 10%) based on evaluating a business and management problem based on material taught in the first 5 weeks of the unit supported with relevant research in the area of management theory. Formative feedback will be provided at points throughout the unit.
A case study outlining the organization and the issues to be considered will be provided. You should include use of the core textbooks.
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
What do I need to do to pass? (Threshold Expectations from UIF)
In order to pass Assessment 1 you will need to:
- Produce a report making use of academic theory to support conclusions
- Show evidence of understanding and basic application of relevant academic theory
- Use Harvard referencing both within the text and reference list
- Communicate effectively in an appropriate report format
How do I produce high quality work that merits a good grade?
We will be filling this section in together in class on Click or tap to enter a date. make sure you have downloaded/printed out the Assignment Brief and bring it to the session with you.
How does assignment relate to what we are doing in scheduled sessions?
In the scheduled sessions there will be a lecture to introduce theories on a weekly topic area followed by more practical analysis and exploration around the application of theory to practice. The unit is challenging and varied in it’s approach and links to real world examples where possible.
You will be encouraged to take a ‘thinking-performer’ approach to topics in this unit, questioning the status quo and using your knowledge and skills to find creative solutions to improving organizational outcomes.
Assessment 1 enables you to showcase the learning experiences from the first 5 weeks of the unit. You will research and analyse the case study and select a relevant business management issue to address. Your will use creativity and theory applied to the specific organisation and issue to suggest possible management behaviour and actions.
Topics typically covered in the first 5 weeks are:
Introduction to the Unit/Business Management
The roles of the Manager/Managerial Behaviour
Organisation Management, Culture and Change
The Individual – Diversity, Communication and Job Satisfaction/Motivation
Human Resource Management
Utilise wider reading and research other material available on the organization. Write in Report format in the third person and use Harvard to reference. Use the following sections:
(title page, introduction, description of issues, knowledge of academic theory, application of theory to issues, theory used to support conclusions, reference list and appendices as appropriate)
How will my assignment be marked?
Your assignment will be marked according to the threshold expectations and the criteria on the following page.
You can use them to evaluate your own work and consider your grade before you submit.
- These are the criteria used for marking your assignments.
- You need to peruse these to gain an understanding of the a) criteria used to evaluate your work, and b) level of effort necessary for each level of attainment.
- This provides you with detailed feedback on how you can improve your grade on each of the criteria.