The assessment requires you to produce a written reflective report of 2000 words plus portfolio evidence that discusses the concept of employability and its relevance to your personal and professional development.
This course work is worth 70% of the final module mark. The Appendices are not included in the word count.
Task specific guidance:
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
Your report should address the following requirements:
1.Critically discuss your understanding of the concept of employability and its relevance within a contemporary global labour market.
2.Use critical reflection to evaluate your personal and professional development as a student, referring to activities, experiences and responsibilities, within and beyond this module, that have contributed to your employability. This should include a discussion about emotional intelligence and inter-cultural awareness.
3.Identify a job role that you are interested in for a future career and critically discuss the entry requirements for the role in relation to your current skills and abilities. From your analysis identify how you could strengthen your position to secure this job role.
4.Demonstrate an understanding of different approaches to career management and create a personal development plan for the next 12-18 months that will develop your employability.
5.Use your appendices to include supporting evidence such as:
·copies of any self-evaluation or reflection tasks that you have completed on the module
·a copy of your CV
·evidence of additional courses you have attended voluntarily or positions of responsibility that you have held.
·Feedback or endorsements from others relating to your skills and attributes
General study guidance:
- Cite all information used in your work which is clearly from a source. Try to ensure that all sources in your reference list are seen as citations in your work, and all names cited in the work appear in your reference list.
- Reference and cite your work in accordance with the APA 7th system – the University’s chosen referencing style. For specific advice, you can talk to your Business librarians or go to the library help desk, or you can access library guidance via the following link:
oAPA 7th referencing:
- The University has regulations relating to academic misconduct, including plagiarism. The Learning Innovation and Development Centre can advise and help you with how to avoid ‘poor scholarship’ and potential academic misconduct.
- If you have any concerns about your writing, referencing, research or presentation skills, you are welcome to consult the Learning Innovation Development Centre team [email protected] It is possible to arrange 1:1 consultation with a LIDC tutor once you have planned or written a section of your work, so that they can advise you on areas to develop.
- Do not exceed the word limit
- The Assessment Criteria are shown the end of this document. Your tutor will discuss how your work will be assessed/marked and will explain how the assessment criteria apply to this piece of work. These criteria have been designed for your level of study.
·These criteria will be used to mark your work and will be used to support the electronic feedback you receive on your marked assignment. Before submission, check that you have tried to meet the requirements of the higher-grade bands to the best of your ability. Please note that the marking process involves academic judgement and interpretation within the marking criteria.
- The Learning Innovation Development Centre can help you to understand and use the assessment criteria. To book an appointment, either visit them on The Street in the Charles Sikes Building or email them on
This section is for information only.
The assessment task outlined above has been designed to address specific validated learning outcomes for this module. It is useful to keep in mind that these are the things you need to show in this piece of work.
On completion of this module, students will need to demonstrate:
3.Understand the process of career planning and preparation.
5. Produce a range of documents to support employability.
6. Prepare a portfolio of work which will include a critical evaluation of their own learning and development.
7. Evidence emotional intelligence and inter-cultural awareness within group projects and tasks
Please note these learning outcomes are not additional questions.