MAIN PAPERS 1A
Resume and Cover Letter:
An applicant’s professional history and qualifications are outlined in a resume. A cover letter is a way for the applicant to make a professional introduction to the hiring manager and demonstrate an interest in the company.
Develop a current resume and create a formal cover letter for a position for which you would like to apply. Create both the cover letter and resume using a professionally accepted format provided on the Resume-Resources website, located in the Topic Materials.
Include the following:
1) Resume: Detail your overall education, credentials, and professional experience, such as licenses, earned degrees, certifications, professional experiences, previous positions held, membership in professional organizations, publications, and skills.
2) Write a one-page double spaced introductory cover letter in which you explain your professional objectives, professional interests, and strengths as an applicant.
3) Prior to submission, share your resume with a colleague and obtain feedback. Revise your resume as needed
While APA style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
MAIN PAPER 1 B
Professionalism and Social Media
Social media plays a significant role in the lives of nurses in both their professional and personal lives. Additionally, social media is now considered a mainstream part of the process for recruiting and hiring candidates. Inappropriate or unethical conduct on social media can create legal problems for nurses as well as the field of nursing.
Login to all social media sites in which you engage. Review your profile, pictures and posts. Based on the professional standards of nursing, identify items that would be considered unprofessional and potentially detrimental to your career and that negatively impact the reputation of the nursing field.
In 500-750 words, summarize the findings of your review. Include the following:
1) Describe the posts or conversations in which you have engaged that might be considered inappropriate based on the professional standards of nursing.
2) Discuss why nurses have a responsibility to uphold a standard of conduct consistent with the standards governing the profession of nursing at work and in their personal lives. Include discussion of how personal conduct can violate HIPAA or be considered unethical or unprofessional. Provide an example of each to support your answer.
3) Based on the analysis of your social media, discuss what areas of your social media activity reflect Christian values as they relate to respecting human value and dignity for all individuals. Describe areas of your social media activity that could be improved.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.