For this paper, you will attend a city or county council/commission meeting and present its topics, relevant discussion, and outcome. You will then provide an analysis of and response to the meeting a
For this paper, you will attend a city or county council/commission meeting and present its topics, relevant discussion, and outcome. You will then provide an analysis of and response to the meeting and whether you agreed with the steps/actions taken by the council/commission, and explain why you agreed or disagreed. Preferably a meeting in the state of Wisconsin.
For students unable to attend in person, viewing a meeting online is an acceptable substitute.
The name of the council/commission, location, date, and URL (if applicable) must be included on your title page. Your paper must be at least two pages in length. You must include a copy of the official meeting agenda as your supporting documentation.
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
Be sure to include the following in your paper:
- agenda items,
- items that required a vote and the outcome of those votes,
- any contentious issues and analysis of the problem, and
- any items of particular interest.
Address the following questions:
- Could you determine any conservative or liberal leanings by the members based on their comments or vote?
- What community services were addressed in the meeting? In what ways did the council/commission discuss supporting those services?
- In what ways did individuals in the political minority influence decisions made at this meeting?
- Was the meeting what you expected? Would you have voted with the majority? Elaborate on your response.
Any sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations in APA format.