Critical reflection of an experience, situation or performance allows for deeper learning, insight and conscious decision making to improve and transform professional practice (Walker, Schultz & Sonn, 2014). Critical reflection is identified in the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Curriculum Framework as an important process to lifelong learning (Department of Health, 2014).
Create a detailed concept map that explores a subject that has resonated with you in the First Peoples Health and Practice course (3121MED). To assist you, you should ask yourself:
1. What has resonated with me the most in this course?
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
2. What are key concepts within this subject that stood out tome?
3. How did these concepts make me feel and/or how did I react when I heard this?
4. Why did I feel or react this way?
5. Continue to ask yourself ‘why’ to unpack each concept in detail, from your personal, professional and the dominant cultural lens.
Using the concept map completed in Part A as a guide, write a 2000 word critical reflective essay, applying the Critical Reflection Framework adapted from Walker, Schultz and Sonn(2014):
1. Define and discuss the subject and its key concepts and then choose one concept to reflect. Ensure you let the reader know clearly what it is you are seeking to understand further.
2. Reflect on how your own culture as well as your professional culture, influences your understanding of the concept and your perceptions of and interactions with First People.
3. Analyse the viewpoints, causes and effects as well as assumptions of others and the dominant cultural paradigm relating to the concept drawing on literature.
4. Discuss what you have learnt from this critical reflective process and how this learning influences your perceptions of, and interactions with, Australia’s First Peoples in the health care setting.
5. Discuss how your future practice may be transformed as part of this process.