Assignment 11 CT – 515
Critical Thinking: Case Study – Medical Malpractice Report
In this assignment you will examine the legal and ethical implications of medical malpractice. Read the case study here: http://www.hpso.com/Documents/Risk%20Education/individuals/LegalCaseStudy/RX_SLCSx-10122-0213_February2013.pdf
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Write a four- to five-page report to the chief executive officer for the healthcare facility to assist him in gaining a better understanding of what occurred and the legal implications for the organization.
Your report should address the following substantive requirements:
· Describe what occurred, who was affected, and why
· Assess the case from the following perspectives:
· Ethical – identify the ethical principles involved in this situation from the perspective of the patient, pharmacist, and the organization.
· Legal – what are the legal implications and what laws were involved?
· Provide recommendations for how to manage this case from the perspective of the healthcare organization. What could have been done to prevent this situation?
· Recommend implementation of procedures to prevent this from occurring in the future.
Your well-written report should meet the following structural requirements:
· Be four to five pages in length, not including the cover or reference pages.
· Formatted according to APA writing guidelines.
· Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of four scholarly articles. Two of these sources may be from the class readings, textbook, or lectures, but two must be external.
· Utilize headings to organize the content in your work.