Final Practicum Presentation Draft
The MPH Practicum course project is the culminating assignment for your last practicum course. This project demonstrates your research, application, and synthesis of your chosen public health issue or problem, agency needs, or client and community problems.
Further, you will reflect on and synthesize your experiences during your practice immersion and offer recommendations for further insight into advanced public health practice in your chosen area of interest. The final product should be a 15–20 slide PowerPoint presentation.
- Draft a PowerPoint presentation to submit to your instructor for feedback and guidance to inform your Unit 9 Final Practicum Presentation.
- Use the following section headings in your PowerPoint Presentation; please note that you may have multiple slides under each heading:
- Title Page.
- Table of Contents.
- Issue or Problem (use content from the Social Issues Proposal assignment for MPH5921, Unit 2).
- Target Population (use content from the Social Issues Proposal assignment for MPH 5921, Unit 2).
- Implementation Procedures.
- Results and Outcomes.
Include the following in your presentation:
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
- Discuss your practicum agency characteristics, including the public health needs and capacities of the population served.
- Define public health needs and capacities.
- Analyze the social issue or community problem as well as community assets and capacities and relate these aspects to public health goals addressed in your practicum project.
- Define the social issue or community problem.
- Define the community assets and capacities.
- Discuss the role you served in understanding the formal and informal networks, organizations, systems, and procedures.
- Describe your practicum site’s ability to approach the community so community members feel engaged and valued, and diversity is respected.
- Analyze your target population and the insights gained concerning gender, race, poverty, history, migration, and culture when working toward health equity at organizational, community, and societal levels.
- Discuss how these determinants undermine health and create challenges.
- Discuss inclusive ways to achieve health equity at organizational, community and societal levels.
- Discuss your practicum intervention to the identified problem relating to any theories applied by your site for other interventions or prevention services.
- Define public health interventions.
- Discuss theories that support public health interventions.
- Discuss how you have applied a socioecological framework to the development of population-based intervention strategies to improve health and reduce inequities for the population you are serving.
- Define socioecological framework.
- Describe how you apply a socioecological framework to the development and implementation of population-based interventions.
- Describe how you apply a socioecological framework to the development and implementation of population-based intervention evaluations.
- Discuss how your practicum agency compares to other local, national, and international agencies relative to structure, systems, and public health practices.
- Define the agency structure, systems, and public health practices.
- Provide examples of the agency structure, systems, and public health practices.
- Analyze the systems-thinking or building tools you employed at your practicum site.
- Define systems-thinking or building tools.
- Describe how you have used these tools to influence the community’s health behaviors to address health disparities or public health concerns.
- Describe the reasons these tools benefited the community.
- Write following APA style for in-text citations and references.
- Determine the proper application of APA formatting requirements and scholarly writing standards.
- Apply the principles of effective composition.
- Describe any professional and scholarly resources: primarily peer-reviewed journal articles, government Web sites, and experiences gained in the practicum.
- Write clearly and logically, with correct use of spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Determine the proper application of the rules of grammar and mechanics.
- Assess the relevance and credibility of information sources.
- Length: 15 slides minimum, plus title and reference slides.
- Font: Follow typographic and style guidelines such as those provided in Guidelines for Effective PowerPoint Presentations [PPTX], linked in Resources.
- References: Cite at least fifteen references from peer-reviewed journals and primary Web sites in addition to your text.
- Format: Follow current edition APA style and formatting for citations and references.
- Final Practicum Presentation Draft Scoring Guide.
- Capella University Library.
- APA Module.
- Public Health Masters Research Guide.
- Guidelines for Effective PowerPoint Presentations [PPTX].